COMPLAINTS HANDLING POLICY
We are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. If something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it.
We are confident that we will give you a high-quality service in all respects. However, if you have any queries or concerns about our work for you, we do ask that you immediately take these up with us.
1. Please take these up in the first instance with the person with the day to day conduct of your matter. We will send you a letter/email acknowledging receipt of your complaint within 5 days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. Within 7 working days, the person dealing with the day to day conduct of your matter will call you to resolve your concerns.
3. If you consider the matter to remain unresolved, then please take it up with this Firm’s Client Care person, who will be confirmed in your client care letter. We take pride in the work that we undertake for our clients and we endeavor to sort out any problems swiftly and wherever possible to the satisfaction of all concerned. With this end in view, Firm's Client Care person can be approached upon any issue relating to your matter which may be of concern.
3. We will then invite you to a meeting with the Firm's Client Care person to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. Wherever possible that meeting will take place within 15 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
4. Within 5 days of the meeting, the Firm's Client Care person will write to you to confirm what was discussed in the meeting and any solutions agreed with you. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, the head of the department will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his/her suggestions for resolving the matter, within 15 days of sending you the acknowledgment letter.
5. If we have not responded to your complaint within the timescales stated,or if for any reason we are unable to resolve the problem between us, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman may be contacted at PO Box 15870, Birmingham B30 9EB. Please be aware that any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your finding out there was a problem. For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333 or www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
6. If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.